Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bad Funk

It’s been a bit rough. I’ve never known what it really feels like to be lonely until now. Even though I feel grateful to have a great job right out of college I’m struggling with this new life I have. The monotonous routine is killing me.

I wake up at 7 a.m. every morning, shower, drive to work, work until 5 or 6 p.m., drive home, take the dog for a walk or run, make dinner, prepare lunch for the next day, talk to my boyfriend, go to sleep, and repeat. I know this is going to sound silly, but I feel too young to be boring.

As much as I was ready and excited to graduate and be a working member of society, it’s a huge transition. The majority of my friends are back at home in Oregon. I’m finding that making friends gets a lot harder as you get older.

When it comes to being emotional, I’m usually not. My college roommate would actually get upset with me if I didn’t shed a tear during a sad movie. However, last week when I went to find her a ‘thinking of you’ card I found myself tearing up at the messages inside several cards! What is wrong with me? This bad funk is getting to me.

Turns out all I needed were to see a friendly face and a change of scenery to get myself out of this funk. I took a trip to Kansas of all places (which I will blog about later) and came back unexpectedly refreshed. Life is good, even though sometimes I need a quick reminder.
Jager - The German Sheperd Mix I take for walks and runs

No comments:

Post a Comment