Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wrap It Up


So it has been about a year since I have written a blog entry. Yikes! For a while I had forgotten I even had a blog. However, I’m at a time in my life where I will be going through a lot of major changes in the next few months (more on this later…as long as I write another blog entry. HA!). Knowing that my life will drastically change in the near future I became inspired to look back on this last year and observe what I’ve learned, the struggles I have faced and the challenges I have overcome. While this topic may seem more relevant for the upcoming New Year, I simply did not want wait any longer to share my thoughts and I could not think of a better place to share them than on my blog!

Here are the biggest accomplishments and challenges I have faced this past year:

6 Accomplishments:
1)      Ran my first half marathon with my big sister! (New Years resolution – check!)
2)      Found a small community of friends (20’s group at church)
3)      Learned to cook more than just stir-fry (I just cooked steak for the fist time this week!)
4)      Maintained a healthy weight while working a desk job (diet was a biggie here)
5)      I feel comfortable doing things by myself (went to a play solo)
6)      Finished reading the Bible in it’s entirety (about 15 minutes a day for a year)

5 Challenges:
1) Being homesick (I’ve been living about 600 miles away from my family for five years now and the distance is only getting more difficult for me.)
2) Learning to work with micro-managers
3) Feeling lonely for the first time in my life (the real-world is much different than college)
4) Maintaining a healthy relationship with a long-distance boyfriend (He is wonderful.)
5) Sticking it out, when quitting appears to be the easy option
6) Saving enough money for travel opportunities in the future

It turns out I have done a lot of growing this year! A lot of people say it’s not good to dwell on the past; however, I believe by taking a look at the past I am able to observe how far I have come as well as the areas that need improvement in my life.


While this entry hardly touches on my past year, I think I’ll have an easier time writing more blog entries going forward now that I have written a quick wrap-up of my past year.

Running the final mile of the San Francisco Half Marathon 4/10/11

Learned to bake a chocolate espresso cake from scratch

No comments:

Post a Comment